Santa Cruz Radiation Oncology provides cancer patients with a full range of state-of-the-art radiation oncology therapies in a compassionate and healing environment. Our mission is to provide patients with extraordinary care, dignity, and respect so our patients can achieve the best possible results.
Our team of dedicated and caring professionals have the experience and expertise needed to win the fight against cancer.
Santa Cruz Radiation Oncology provides patients with some of the most advanced treatment technologies, including:
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT) – a sophisticated type of external beam radiotherapy which allows delivery of precisely targeted radiation beams to tumors, while sparing the surrounding healthy organs and tissues.
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS) – an advanced radiation therapy approach for cerebral and non-cerebral solitary lesions. This highly precise technology enables treatment of tiny tumors with pinpoint accuracy.
- Prostate Brachytherapy (seed implants) – a set of high dose of radiation that are delivered directly into the cancerous gland.
- Image Guided Radiotherapy (IGRT) – visualized CT scans that verify target locations immediately before treatment delivery. In conjunction with IMRT, this allows for unprecedented accuracy in delivering radiotherapy.
- Volumetric Modulated Arch Therapy (VMAT) – a single gantry arc with increased delivery efficiency allowing treatment times to be reduced significantly.
- The Elekta Infinity linear accelerator capable of IGRT, IMRT, VMAT, and SRS.
- Elekta CMS Xio Treatment Planning System (TPS) capable of 3-D conformal and IMRT treatment planning. CT imaging is used with this software to calculate dose for each patient
- Elekta Monaco Monte-Carlo Based VMAT Treatment Planning System (TPS) equipped with the most sophisticated dose calculation algorithm available.
- GE HighSpeed CT Simulator that identifies the target region with 3-D imaging.